1. School Campus
Our school is located near the Chai Wan Park and has a site area of 6900 meter sq. It is a pleasant environment adorned with surrounding greenery. Besides, the 7-story building is endowed with spacious playgrounds and open areas. There are 26 air-conditioned classrooms, over 20 special rooms, a hall, 2 basketball courts, a cricket court and 2 covered playgrounds.
2. Pastoral Care
- Dual Class Teacher Scheme
- Management of each form by a team of teachers (level system).
- Couseling Care and Incentive Schemes ─ New Arrival Child scheme; Integrated Encouragement Award Scheme; Scholarships; Activities jointly organized by our school and other voluntary organizations; and School Social Worker and teacher counselors.
3. Preparation for secondary school life:
- S1 summer course aims at helping new entrants adapt to secondary school life .
- Students get to know the school and secondary school life.
- Develop friendship with classmates
- Develop students’ potential and interests
- Course content: learn Chinese, English, Computer Literacy and Mathematics in a fun-filled atmosphere.
- Interest Classes: Adventure-based Counselling, basketball, cricket etc.
4. Special features of our curriculum
- Build a firm foundation in Chinese, English and Mathematics.
- We have employed Native English Speaking Teachers to teach English
- To foster an English speaking environment by encouraging students from different cultural backgrounds to communicate in English
- After school enhancement and Remedial classes
- Develop good learning habits
- Life wide learning, projects learning and Out-of-School learning.
- New Senior Secondary Structure – to provide a board based curriculum to develop students’ potential.
5. Lesson Arrangements
- School starts at 8: 00 a.m. and finishes at 4:15 p.m.
- 6 lessons in the morning; 3 lessons in the afternoon; each lesson lasts 40 minutes.
- Lunch: 12:55 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
6. Lunch Arrangements
- S1 students have lunch in their classrooms under the supervision of teachers. They can bring their own lunch or order lunch boxes at school.
- S2 to S4 students have lunch at the school canteen and are not allowed to go out for lunch.
7. School Bus
From all parts of Kowloon and New Territories.
(Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Tin Shui Wai, Kam Tin, Kwai Chung, Tsuen Wan, Lai King, Sha Tin, Tseung Kwan O, etc.)
8. Overseas Educational Trips
The school organizes overseas trips from time to time to broaden students’ horizons and enrich outside learning experiences. Trips to China ( Beijing, Shanghai, Hainan etc.), Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Brunei, Turkey, Germany, Switzerland, USA have been arranged over the past few years.
The sponsoring body of our school is the Chinese Muslim Cultural and Fraternal Association. The school motto consists of four key Chinese characters: Prolific, Academic, Affectionate and Co-operative, which aptly represent the fraternal nature and peace-loving spirit of Islamic teachings. During Islam lessons, students are taught the basic doctrines of Islam, such as filial piety, knowledge seeking, searching for the truth and respect for other religions. Muslim students have Qu’ran class after school and they have Jummah on Fridays.
10. Parents and Teachers Association (PTA)
It aims to improve the communication and cooperation between teachers and parents. With a better understanding of the students, teachers are able to adopt appropriate teaching methods. PTA sponsored the SMS services for sending important messages from school to parents.